Happy Earth Day, everyone! Today is the day we join over one billion people from around the globe to celebrate, honor and give back to our awesome planet.
Earth Day was started in the United States and has been going strong for 43 years. Globally, this year’s theme is “The Face of Climate Change,” and we’re joining other organizers in asking you to do your part to help the planet by participating in a sustainable act (or two, or three…). Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Plant a tree or a home garden
- Start composting
- Recycle and reuse old stuff
- Volunteer for a local Earth Day clean-up
- Go to a nearby Earth Day festival
- Walk, bike or skateboard to work
- Blog or Facebook a personal message about Earth Day
- Pick up trash at the beach, park or your neighborhood
Win this awesome solar backpack
We’re so excited about your Earth Day participation that we’re giving away a solar backpack to one special winner. The backpack is super cool because it uses solar panels to charge your phone, laptop and other devices. It’s also made from waterproof eco-friendly PET fabric, which is derived from recycled plastic bottles.
Here’s how to win:
- Take videos and/or pictures of yourself doing sustainable acts on Earth Day
- Post them to your local RevoluSun Facebook page between April 22-26
- The video/picture with the most “likes” by May 1st wins. The public can get involved by “liking” the posts, so ask your friends and family to vote for your picture!
Here are the links to our RevoluSun Facebook pages:
Good luck and Happy Earth Day!