Honolulu Pulse | Jason Genegabus
‘CABARAE’ SHOWROOM GRAND OPENING
1. The new “CabaRAE” Showroom celebrated its grand opening on Saturday with a full house of VIP guests and an afterparty with Honolulu Pulse blogger Christa “DJ SuperCW” Wittmier on the turntables. “Hawaii Five-0″ stars Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park were among those in attendance. See more photos at honolulupulse.com/cabaraeopening; read a review of the production at honolulupulse.com/cabaraereview.
2. Don Murphy, right, and Murphy’s Bar & Grill celebrated 27 years in business Friday with an outdoor block party on Merchant Street. The bash featured live entertainment by Beauty & The Beard, Tyler Mongan and Candy Diaz. See the complete Pulse photo gallery at honolulupulse.com/murphys27th.
3. Metal band Winger rocked out the Republik with its latest reunion tour on Sunday. See more photos from the concert at honolulupulse.com/winger2014.
4. The new iichiko Bar Fruits Yuzu was the inspiration for the Yellow Kanpai Yuzu Night Party at Ginza Nightclub on Saturday. The shochu liqueur is now available at a variety of retail and restaurant/bar outlets on Oahu. See the complete Pulse photo gallery at honolulupulse.com/yellowkanpai.
5. The Surfrider Foundation hosted the 12th annual John Kelly Awards at Waimea Valley on Saturday. Guests enjoyed a North Shore-inspired farm-to-table dinner by Ke Nui Kitchen’s Thomas Naylor; the evening also featured live entertainment by String Cynthesis, Cynth & The What’s His Faces and Streetlight Cadence. This year’s John Kelly Award recipients were Schuyler “Lucky” Cole (lifetime achievement award), RevoluSun (Hawaii-based company award) and Jon Rose (professional surfer award). See more pictures at honolulupulse.com/jkawards2014.
Read more online at Honolulu Pulse.