Green Magazine Hawaii | December 19, 2014
RevoluSun, Hawaii’s leading solar provider, is evolving into a one-stop shop for advanced sustainable home technology. RevoluSun’s new location off of Ward Ave, located in the old Bank of Hawaii space, is a gathering place for eco-conscious homeowners, architects, and residential home developers to meet and collaborate, while those interested in solar can also learn more about the latest in photovoltaic solar options and financing. RevoluSun’s showroom at this location will feature their new “Smart Home” offerings, which include:
- Sun Bandit solar water heaters utilize innovative PV technology to deliver clean, reliable hot water by putting the abundant energy of the sun to work without utility oversight or approval. This product is eligible for PV tax credits.
- QuietCool Whole House Fans provide energy-efficient ventilation and cooling for the entire home and feature the best warranty in the industry. While the fans remove pet dander, odors, germs, smoke and VOC gases, they can also save homeowners up to 90 percent on air conditioning bills. Savings also include a $75 rebate from Hawaii Energy.
- Velux natural lighting solutions offer a wide variety of affordable, high-performance lighting solutions that bring daylight into interior spaces and improve indoor air quality. Velux fresh air skylights significantly reduce the need for electricity lighting and are also eligible for a 30 percent federal tax credit.
- Clipper Creek EV charging stations are a perfect marriage for those with solar panels, especially in sunny Hawaii. RevoluSun has chosen to install the workhorse of the industry, Clipper Creek, which has universal stations, compatible with any electric vehicle on the market.
- RevoluSun Advanced Home Automation and Security offers energy management, home automation, video monitoring, keyless entry codes and locks and motion sensors, as an Alarm.com dealer.
- IntelliFlo variable speed pumps lead the way in poolside savings with electricity bill reductions of up to $1,500 a year, energy savings up to 90 percent over traditional pumps, dramatically quieter operation, variable speeds and built-in timers to assure optimum efficiency.
“Solar is just one way to make our homes more energy-efficient — we can help homeowners save in a variety of utility costs,” states Chief Innovation Officer Eric Carlson. “We will be continuously adding to the Smart Home offerings and will hold regular, free educational seminars here in our new space. We invite the public to visit us to look, touch and learn more about sustainable home assets.”