AC Service Technician/Installer ResponsibilitiesThe air conditioning service technician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing Mitsubishi split air-conditioning equipment. The technician will work on cooling units, including motors, switches, pumps, wiring, thermostats and fans. In addition to the skills and experience outlined below, we are looking for someone who is passionate about the solar industry, is a team player, whose values are in line with our own and who has the ability to learn and follow our processes.
Your typical day as an AC Service Technician/InstallerAs an air conditioning service technician/installer you will work at the job site performing the following duties:
- installing, inspecting, maintaining, and repairing air conditioners.
- ventilating equipment and controls making sure they operate efficiently and continuously.
- performing regular maintenance work on cooling units.- diagnosing electrical and mechanical defects and malfunctions.
- installing, replacing or repairing equipment that has been damaged.- making adjustments and calibrating thermostatic controls.
- installing new air-conditioning systems and equipment.
- cleaning blowers and coils, check tensions of belts and motors.
- making plans and designs of new air-conditioning systems including their installation and maintenance.
AC Service Technician/Installer Requirements
The air conditioning service technician/installer must be able to:
- work in places where (s)he is exposed to dust, fumes, noise, toxic materials and high voltage equipment.
- confined and hot spaces like roofs, crawl ways and attics.
- adverse weatherThe air conditioning service technician may be required to lift heavy objects, bend, stoop, kneel or stand for long stretches of time.
AC Service Technician/Installer Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in air conditioning service and installation preferred, but willing to train the right person.
- Experience with Mitsubishi Split Air Conditioning systems preferred.
- Knowledge of principles of air-conditioning unit repair and maintenance, including controls, MSDS sheets, safety practices and procedures and tools used.
- Ability to read and interpret building regulations and codes implemented by city, state and federal government agencies pertaining to installing air-conditioning units.
- High school diploma or GED.If meet our qualifications and you’re ready to join a winning team, we encourage you to apply now! When replying please leave your name and contact information.
compensation: $18-35/hr DOE
To apply, click on the apply button below and submit your cover letter and resume.